Create a lasting legacy for future generations by commissioning work today
Almost all work produced in the Studio of John the Baptist is commissioned, allowing individual care and focus to be given so that each piece fulfills its intended purpose superbly.
Steps in the process
- Contact is made by a prospective client to the Studio of John the Baptist, communicating an idea, desire, or need.
- If necessary site visits are carried out by the Studio to ensure the best solution will be reached, so that what is designed is in keeping with the intended environment and that structural site requirements can be met in the cases of larger works.
- The Studio then develops the aforementioned ideas into working sketches. These are presented to the client, along with a quote.
- When payment has been made of 50% of the total price (or as terms agreed on for larger commissions) time is then secured and set aside for the project in the Studio's work queue. Work begins as scheduled.
- Final payment is made upon completion allowing the handover of work to take place.
- Blessing of the finished commission is care of the client.
The saying, "Good things take time" is true for all sacred artworks. The time honoured methods, materials, and fine craftsmanship exercised at the Studio of John the Baptist require concentrated unrelenting work but cannot be rushed. Please make commissions well in advance.
Reasons to commission
For those desiring to:
- Enhance a prayer space or Liturgical setting
- Establish Catholic Character
- Mark Jubilee celebrations
- Create a Memorial
- Restore Sacred Art or a Liturgical space to former glory
- Honour a Patron Saint
- Offer a precious wedding or anniversary gift